Chicken couscous with vegetables. Travel to Morocco without moving from home!
Chicken couscous with vegetables is an exquisite and very healthy dish. Follow this recipe and enjoy an unforgettable meal at home!
Chicken couscous with vegetables is one of my favorite recipes. On the one hand, it is very tasty and healthy. On the other, it is very complete and balanced, as well as being very fast and easy to prepare. These reasons make it an ideal dish to add to your recipe book. I hope you like it!
Ingredients to cook chicken couscous with vegetables
- A big chicken breast
- Half tomato
- A spring onion
- 100g pumpkin
- 1/4 zucchini
- 2 tbsp of cooked chickpeas
- Cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup couscous
Preparation of the ingredients
- Cut the chicken breast into large pieces.. Salt and pepper them to taste.
- Peel and cut the tomato into small cubes. Also, chop the spring onion.
- Peel and dice both the and the pumpkin. If it’s your first time cutting a pumpkin, I recommend you take a look at this tutorial.
Cooking the chicken and the vegetables
- Sautée the spring onion and the tomato in a wide frying pan with a little oil.
- Then add the pumpkin and the zucchini. Cook them until they start to get tender.
- Now, add the chicken. Season all the ingredients to taste with turmeric and cayenne pepper. Stir well and cook all until the chicken is ready.
- Then add the chickpeas to the rest of the ingredients and cook it over medium heat for a few minutes while preparing the couscous.
Preparing the couscous
- Boil a little more than half a cup of water. Next to that, add the couscous and let it rest until it absorbs all the water. Stir to prevent the grains from sticking.
Although there are many routes to serve it, I often make a small mountain of couscous in the center of the plate and then I distribute the chicken and vegetables around it. Additionally, I sprinkle a little paprika over the couscous to give it more flavor and a splash of color.
Although it wasn’t included in the original recipe, I felt free to give it my personal touch using turmeric and cayenne pepper. The best of the recipes of couscous is that they accept lots of variations. Be creative and use your favorite ingredients!
If you haven’t tried it yet, you should give it a chance. Chicken couscous with vegetables is a dish that never disappoints!
Find more delicious recipes by clicking here!
KEEP IN TOUCH?
Don't you find the recipe you are looking for? Do you have any suggestion? Do you want to tell us something? Don't be shy! Write us and we'll give you an answer as soon as we can
THIS MAY ALSO BE OF YOUR INTEREST!
Are you visiting and don’t know where to eat in Bailén? There’s much more than ancient battles here. There is good food at reasonable prices!
La Pepica Restaurant has a long history of serving paellas on Valencia’s seafront promenade. Do you want to know more?
Enjoy one of the most traditional flavors of Valencia. Dare with this chicken paella, the best chicken rice recipe!
Still haven’t tried the Salmorejo recipe? Enjoy one of the most famous Andalusian dishes without leaving home.
Discover interesting places!
Are you planning to visit the city and still unsure what to do in Valencia? Check out these 16 must-do things
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?