Ham and Cheese Lasagne. Discover the easiest lasagne recipe!
Ham and cheese lasagne is a variation of the Italian recipe. It requires few ingredients and is easy to prepare. Are you up for it?
Ham and cheese lasagne is a simplified version of the traditional lasagne Bolognese recipe. It substitutes ham and cheese for the veal ragù. As a result, the dish is easier and quicker to prepare. We think it is a very versatile option as you can add some extra ingredients to suit your taste. So feel free to experiment according to your preferences and create your own version!
So, if you’ve never made a delicious ham and cheese lasagne before, we’ll unravel all the secrets of this easy-to-make dish, from preparing the sauces to assembling the layers. Are you ready to turn a list of simple ingredients into an exquisite dish?
Ingredients to prepare the ham and cheese lasagne
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 400 grams of peeled tomatoes
- olive oil
- 1 onion
- black pepper
- 1 litre of milk
- Fresh lasagne sheets
- Grated mozzarella cheese
- Sliced cheese
- Sliced ham
Preparation of the ingredients
- Crush the garlic cloves.
- Smash the peeled tomatoes with their juices.
- Chop the onion.
Cooking the tomato sauce for the ham and cheese lasagne
- Pour a generous tablespoon of olive oil into a frying pan. Stir in the garlic cloves while the oil is cold. Then, brown them over medium heat without burning them.
- After a few minutes, add the chopped onion with a pinch of salt and sauté over medium heat.
- Next, pour in the crushed peeled tomatoes. Season it with black pepper, basil, oregano, and salt to taste. Stir to combine all the ingredients and reduce over medium heat until most of the liquid has evaporated.
Simplified preparation of the béchamel sauce
- Dissolve two tablespoons of flour in a large glass of milk at room temperature.
- Heat the rest of the milk with a tablespoon of butter.
- When it starts bubbling, add the glass of milk and vigorously stir until you get a slimy texture. Then, season with salt and nutmeg to taste.
Assembling the ham and cheese lasagne
- Spread the first thin layer of tomato sauce and cover it with lasagne sheets.
- Continue by layering tomato sauce, ham, cheese, béchamel sauce, and lasagne sheets until you reach the height of the baking dish.
- Once you have reached the minimum height of 3 layers mentioned in the previous step, pour a generous amount of béchamel sauce over the last lasagne sheets.
- Sprinkle as much grated cheese as you like over the lasagne.
Baking the ham and cheese lasagne
- Preheat the oven to 180º and grill the cheese.
- Finally, take it out of the oven and leave it to rest for about 10 minutes. To serve, cut into squares, and that’s it, enjoy!
Result: a delicious ham and cheese lasagne that everyone will love
If you’ve made it this far, you’ve discovered that this ham and cheese lasagne is easy to make. Although it may be a little laborious, the result is such a satisfying dish that it will please everyone. So we’re sure that once you try it, you’ll add it to your list of recipes for special occasions.
As we mentioned at the beginning of this article, you can add some extra ingredients to the lasagna to give it a unique touch. Among them, we recommend mushrooms, spinach, courgette, and different types of cheese. Combine them as you like to get your delicious recipe to surprise everyone!
Moreover, like with other recipes such as cottage pie, if you let the lasagne rest long enough to cool, its flavors and aromas will intensify. So, if you cook it from one day to the next, you will obtain a tastier lasagne. And if you prepare too much, you won’t waste anything! You can freeze it, knowing it will retain its flavor and texture perfectly.
KEEP IN TOUCH?
Don't you find the recipe you are looking for? Do you have any suggestion? Do you want to tell us something? Don't be shy! Write us and we'll give you an answer as soon as we can
THIS MAY ALSO BE OF YOUR INTEREST!
Are you visiting and don’t know where to eat in Bailén? There’s much more than ancient battles here. There is good food at reasonable prices!
La Pepica Restaurant has a long history of serving paellas on Valencia’s seafront promenade. Do you want to know more?
Enjoy one of the most traditional flavors of Valencia. Dare with this chicken paella, the best chicken rice recipe!
Still haven’t tried the Salmorejo recipe? Enjoy one of the most famous Andalusian dishes without leaving home.
Discover interesting places!
Are you planning to visit the city and still unsure what to do in Valencia? Check out these 16 must-do things
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?