Salmorejo recipe – try the Spanish star dish of the summer!
Still haven’t tried the Salmorejo recipe? Enjoy one of the most famous Andalusian dishes without leaving home.
Salmorejo is a cold soup made mainly with tomatoes, garlic, bread, and olive oil, originally from Andalusia. It is a typical dish of Spanish gastronomy that has become popular nationally and internationally. In addition, its smooth texture and refreshing taste make it one of the best options for enjoying a light and nutritious meal during the hot summer months.
This recipe, transmitted from generation to generation, captures the essence of Mediterranean cuisine and combines simple ingredients to create an exquisite dish. So if you have never tried it or don’t know how to prepare it, we will teach you the traditional salmorejo recipe in this article. Surprise your guests with the star dish of the summer!
Ingredients to prepare the salmorejo recipe for two persons
- 500 grams of tomatoes
- 50 grams of bread
- 50 grams of olive oil
- 1 small garlic clove
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
- Serrano ham dices
Blanching the tomatoes
- Make a shallow cross-shaped cut at the base of the tomatoes.
- Soak them in boiling water for 1 to 2 minutes. You will notice they are ready because the cuts will start to open.
- Then, dip them in cold water.
- Now you will notice that you can easily remove their skin. Cut them into large chunks to speed up the next step.
Crush the tomatoes to prepare the salmorejo recipe
- Then, crush the tomatoes until you get a liquid texture.
- Strain the tomatoes to leave behind the seeds and possible remains of the skin.
Add the ingredients
- Add the bread, olive oil, garlic, and salt to the strained tomato.
- Then, blend it to a creamy texture and save it in the refrigerator for a couple of hours to cool.
The perfect plating of the salmorejo recipe
- When the salmorejo has cooled, chop the hard-boiled eggs.
- Serve the salmorejo in a deep dish. Sprinkle some of the chopped hard-boiled egg and the diced Serrano ham over it. To conclude, garnish it with a tiny drizzle of olive oil, and that’s it!
Result: the salmorejo recipe is the best dish of the summer
As you may have noticed, preparing the salmorejo recipe is easy. It is a dish with a simple preparation whose main difficulty lies in getting the right proportion of its ingredients. But if you follow this recipe to the letter, you will get a perfect salmorejo! We have tried it on many times, and it turns out wonderfully.
If you have not tried it yet, you will be interested to know that the salmorejo recipe is perfect for summer. Since it is served cold, it is very refreshing. That makes it one of the best options to deal with the heat. It is also low calorie and, as its main ingredient is tomato, it is an abundant source of antioxidants and vitamins. Don’t miss your chance to try it! We are sure you will love it.
Do you like cold soups for the summer? Would you like to prepare different ones at home? This delicious ajoblanco recipe is what you need! Once you try it, you will fall in love with this dish.
KEEP IN TOUCH?
Don't you find the recipe you are looking for? Do you have any suggestion? Do you want to tell us something? Don't be shy! Write us and we'll give you an answer as soon as we can
THIS MAY ALSO BE OF YOUR INTEREST!
Ham and cheese lasagne is a variation of the Italian recipe. It requires few ingredients and is easy to prepare. Are you up for it?
Are you visiting and don’t know where to eat in Bailén? There’s much more than ancient battles here. There is good food at reasonable prices!
La Pepica Restaurant has a long history of serving paellas on Valencia’s seafront promenade. Do you want to know more?
Enjoy one of the most traditional flavors of Valencia. Dare with this chicken paella, the best chicken rice recipe!
Discover interesting places!
Are you planning to visit the city and still unsure what to do in Valencia? Check out these 16 must-do things
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?