Bacalhau com natas, the tastiest fish dish you can find!
Bacalhau com natas is a delicious recipe from Portugal which will allow you to eat fish in a different way. Give it a try, you’re going to love it!
As I’ve already told you, bacalhau com natas is a notorious dish in Portugal. Among its ingredients, you’ll find onion, diced fried potato, cream and, bacalhau, of course! As the Portuguese say, there are more than 365 ways to cook this fish, one for every day of the year. So, today I’m going to show you which for me is one of the tastiest ones. Are you ready?
Ingredients to make bacalhau com natas
- 500 grams of fresh cod
- 1 large onion
- 1 large potato
- 4 cloves of garlic
- Fresh parsley
- 1/2 L. of milk
- 200 ml. of evaporated milk
- Black olives
- Cut the potato into small cubes. This will make it easier to mix everything later.
- Cut the onion into julienne.
- Chop the garlic and parsley as fine as you can. In this way, their flavor will be better distributed among the other ingredients.
- Heat the milk to maximum firepower. When it starts bubbling, turn it down and boil the cod for a few minutes. Take note that it will be ready quite quickly, so keep an eye on it. Remove the cod and store both ingredients for later.
- Sauté the potato cubes in a frying pan until they are medium-brown. Save them for later.
Preparation of the bacalhau com natas
- In the same pan, sauté the onion and garlic cloves at maximum power.
- Then add the cod and the parsley. Try to crumble it well until you get a uniform mixture.
- Then pour in the milk you boiled the cod with. Reduce the power a little and stir. Wait until most of the milk has evaporated.
- Add the potatoes, the evaporated milk and some sliced black olives to the pan. Let it reduce until it gets thick. If it’s too liquid, you can add small amounts of flour to make the bacalhau com natas thicker.
- Put it in a baking sheet. Bake it at 200 degrees to gratin its superior layer.
- Decorate it with some parsley… And that’s it!
Although it may seem that bacalhau com natas has a tedious elaboration because it has many different steps, it is worth giving it a try. It is a very tasty dish that will surely please even people who are not used to eat fish.
KEEP IN TOUCH?
Don't you find the recipe you are looking for? Do you have any suggestion? Do you want to tell us something? Don't be shy! Write us and we'll give you an answer as soon as we can
THIS MAY ALSO BE OF YOUR INTEREST!
Enjoy one of the most traditional flavors of Valencia. Dare with this chicken paella, the best chicken rice recipe!
Still haven’t tried the Salmorejo recipe? Enjoy one of the most famous Andalusian dishes without leaving home.
Are you fond of Portuguese gastronomy? Then you have to try this delicious bacalhau é do pipo. You’ll love it!
In addition to art and history, it is a city with a lot of gastronomy. Still don’t know what to eat in Rome? Discover the Roman Cuisine!
Discover interesting places!
Are you planning to visit the city and still unsure what to do in Valencia? Check out these 16 must-do things
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?