Beef and Guinness stew with mashed potatoes
Travel to Ireland without moving from your kitchen with this exquisite beef and Guinness stew with mashed potatoes… Delicious!
Have you ever been to Ireland? Have you ever had the opportunity to visit their traditional pubs? It’s an experience that is worth living at least once in your life (find out why clicking here). In addition to trying an authentic Guinness, in some of them, you can enjoy exquisite dishes. One of them is beef and Guinness stew with mashed potatoes.
As quarantine does not allow us to travel to Dublin… Let’s get the Irish capital to our table! I hope you like this recipe as I do!
Ingredients for the Beef and Guinness stew with mashed potatoes
- 400 gr. of beef to stew
- Half onion
- 1 carrot
- 4 celery stalks
- 1 l. of meat broth
- 1 bottle of Guinness
Preparation of the ingredients
- Season the meat to taste and let it rest for a few moments.
- Cut the onion, carrot and celery stalks into small dices.
Preparing the Beef and Guinness stew with mashed potatoes
- Stir fry the beef over high heat for a few moments in a large cooking pot.
- Then add the vegetables and cook them until tender.
- Pour the Guinness bottle into the pot. Don’t worry if it creates a lot of foam, it will slowly disappear. Stir everything very well and let it halve.
- Add beef broth, thyme and rosemary. Then reduce the heat and boil it for at least an hour. If it’s too much liquid after that time, you can try to thicken the broth by following these tips.
- Cut the potatoes into large pieces, so they will tender faster. Although there are people who peel them before putting them into the water, I usually boil them with their skin. When the potatoes are tender, you can remove their skin with your hands.
- Add a little butter, salt and a touch of nutmeg to the potatoes. Then crush them until all the ingredients are mixed and you get a lump-free purée.
If you’ve come this far, you’ll have noticed that the preparation of beef and Guinness stew with mashed potatoes isn’t too complicated. It takes time and some patience, but the result makes it worthwhile. It’s a delicious dish!
Serve it on a deep plate with the purée on one side. Although it may seem strange, purée has its function. You’ll notice how it will absorb some of the broth, making it gain a lot of flavor.
In my opinion, this is one of those dishes that makes you fall in love with, so I hope you like it as much as I do!
If you like this recipe, take a look at the rest of the recipes of this web.
KEEP IN TOUCH?
Don't you find the recipe you are looking for? Do you have any suggestion? Do you want to tell us something? Don't be shy! Write us and we'll give you an answer as soon as we can
THIS MAY ALSO BE OF YOUR INTEREST!
Enjoy one of the most traditional flavors of Valencia. Dare with this chicken paella, the best chicken rice recipe!
Still haven’t tried the Salmorejo recipe? Enjoy one of the most famous Andalusian dishes without leaving home.
Are you fond of Portuguese gastronomy? Then you have to try this delicious bacalhau é do pipo. You’ll love it!
In addition to art and history, it is a city with a lot of gastronomy. Still don’t know what to eat in Rome? Discover the Roman Cuisine!
Discover interesting places!
Are you planning to visit the city and still unsure what to do in Valencia? Check out these 16 must-do things
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?