Cook this cheese and onion pie with just a few ingredients!
To prepare this exquisite cheese and onion pie, you’ll only need just a few ingredients. Don’t miss this recipe. I’m sure you are going to love it!
Cheese and onion pie is one of those dishes that everyone loves. Just like the ham and cheese puff pastry pie, its preparation doesn’t need a lot of ingredients, and it will be ready to eat in only a few minutes. Give it a chance, I’m sure you are going to love it!
Ingredients for the cheese and onion pie
- A puff pastry layer
- 400g of grated mozzarella
- 3 eggs
- A large onion
- Black pepper
Preparation of the ingredients
- Chop the whole onion as thinly as you can.
- Then sauté it for a few minutes in a frying pan with a little olive oil.
- When the onion starts to turn transparent, reduce the heat by half. Add a pinch of salt and sugar. Continue cooking it for a few more minutes.
- Salt and pepper the eggs to taste and whisk them vigorously.
- Add the mozzarella, the onions and some oregano in the bowl with the eggs. Mix all the ingredients until they have been bonded together.
Baking the cheese and onion pie
- Stretch the puff pastry layer a little. Then place it inside a deep baking dish. You can sprinkle some breadcrumbs on its base to prevent it from breaking with the liquids of the ingredients. If you want to make your own dough, I recommend you to watch this tutorial.
- Pour in the mixture of ingredients you’ve prepared before. Fold the edges of the dough. Then bake the cheese and onion pie for about 30 minutes to melt the cheese well.
- To sum up, turn up the heat and continue baking the cheese and onion pie until the mozzarella on its top begins to gratin.
Although it may be difficult, I recommend you to let the cheese and onion pie rest a few minutes after taking it out of the oven. Be a little patient if you don’t want to burn your tongue!
As you can see, it’s a recipe that doesn’t require too many ingredients and it’s also very easy to prepare. The result is an exquisite dish in which the mozzarella is the protagonist and the onion provides a very pleasant sweet touch.
To be honest, this is the first time I’ve made the cheese and onion pie. But, considering its ease of preparation and its flavor, it won’t be the last time. We loved it! And you?
KEEP IN TOUCH?
Don't you find the recipe you are looking for? Do you have any suggestion? Do you want to tell us something? Don't be shy! Write us and we'll give you an answer as soon as we can
THIS MAY ALSO BE OF YOUR INTEREST!
Skip the bechamel sauce in this recipe and prepare an authentic lasagna bolognese that everyone will love!
Haven’t you tried spätzle with bacon and grated cheese yet? This is the easiest recipe you will find. Enjoy it!
There is only one cachopo considered the best cachopo in Madrid 2022, and you can find it at Arrabal. Let me share with you the experience!
Enjoy this traditional Valencian recipe at home. Preparing this paella with pork ribs has never been so easy. Are you in?
Discover interesting places!
If you want to know what to see in Valencia, you’ve come to the right place. Find out the most fascinating locations and don’t miss them!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?