Ham and cheese pie. Scrumptious!
Do you have a large family and don’t know what to cook? This ham and cheese pie is perfect for you. I’m sure you will like it!
Ham and cheese pie is one of those recipes that I never get tired of. Just like milanesa a la napolitana, my mother used to prepare it for me once a week. Why? Because it has simple and quick preparation. In addition, it allows many variations in its ingredients. Such an easy recipe has never given so much play! Haven’t you tried it yet? Follow these steps and enjoy this tasty ham and cheese pie at home.
- 2 puff pastry layers
- 300 grs. of ham
- 300 grs. of mozzarella
- 2 eggs
Preparation of the Ham and cheese pie
- Slightly stretch the two layers of puff pastry to enlarge their size. Place the first one as the base. Although it would be better to use baking paper to prevent it from sticking to the tray, you can also impregnate it with butter. In addition, heat the oven to about 180 degrees.
- Cut the ham into small cubes.
- Do the same with the mozzarella.
- Fill the pie with the ham and cheese. Then sprinkle some basil over it to add a touch of flavor.
- Beat the eggs and pour them over the rest of the ingredients. Save a little because you will need it later.
- Cover the pie with the second puff pastry layer. Fold the edges over themselves to close it. Although it is not necessary, I usually press them with a fork to prevent them from opening once you put the pie in the oven.
Baked of the Ham and cheese pie
- Before putting the pie in the oven, paint it with the beaten eggs you have saved before. Then, prick its cover layer because the heat will swell it, and, doing this, you will prevent it from breaking. Bake it at 180º for about 30 to 40 minutes. When the dough is golden brown and crispy, it will be time to remove it from the oven. Now, it is ready to eat.
Although this recipe requires only a few ingredients, you can add as many as you want. For its most uncomplicated preparation, all you need is ham and cheese. From there, you can get creative! As you have already seen, I like to add eggs, although, to vary, sometimes I prepare it with tomato slices, onion, or even corn.
As you can see, in just a few steps, you will have this delicious and light ham and cheese pie ready to eat. I hope you like it!
KEEP IN TOUCH?
Don't you find the recipe you are looking for? Do you have any suggestion? Do you want to tell us something? Don't be shy! Write us and we'll give you an answer as soon as we can
THIS MAY ALSO BE OF YOUR INTEREST!
You won’t be able to presume of having tasted the best of Argentina until you try these Argentinian beef empanadas. What are you waiting for?
Want to try the best Sunday roast in Manchester? Discover a restaurant that just few tourists know about – you’ll love this one!
Travel to Peru without leaving Spain. At Chincha Internacional, you will find the best Peruvian food in Madrid. Join us in this gastronomic adventure!
Finding the best-rated paella in Valencia was not easy. The restaurant where it is prepared is in an unexpected place, right in an orchard!
Discover interesting places!
Are you planning to visit the city and still unsure what to do in Valencia? Check out these 16 must-do things
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?