Milanesa a la napolitana. The tastiest schnitzel you can find
Every country has its own variation of schnitzels but milanesa a la napolitana is unique. Haven’t you tried them yet? What are you waiting for?
Milanesa a la napolitana is one of the most famous dishes of Argentine cuisine. Basically, it consists of a schnitzel covered with tomato sauce, ham, and mozzarella as if it were a pizza. If you haven’t had the chance to try milanesas a la napolitana yet, don’t miss this recipe. It’s one of the simplest ones you can find!
Ingredients for milanesa a la napolitana
- Fresh parsley
- Bread crumbs
- Beef fillets
- Tomato sauce
Preparation of the milanesa
- On the one hand, break the eggs in a large bowl and whisk them. On the other hand, chop the garlic and parsley as thin as you can. Then add them into the bowl with the eggs and mix all together well.
- Although it’s not necessary to do it with your hands, it can make this task much easier. Put the beef fillets into the bowl and make sure the eggs soaks them completely. Cover it and let it rest.
- Although you can use simply tomato sauce, I like to add it oregano and a little bit of salt as it gives it more flavor. In any case, if you choose this option, mix it all very well.
- The longer you let the meat and the tomato sauce rest, the tastier they will be. My recommendation is to let them rest for at least half an hour.
Cooking the Milanese
- Bread the beef fillets. Here, you got two options for cooking them. On the one hand, you can fry them in a pan. On the other hand, you can cook them in the oven. In this case, I preferred the second option.
- If you decide to use the oven, pour some oil over the oven tray to prevent the milanesa from sticking. Also, you should pour some oil on the milanesa too to avoid getting dry.
Turning milanesa into napolitana
- Remove the tray from the oven when the milanesa starts getting brown. Before putting it back in, turn the milanesa over and cover it with tomato sauce.
- Once the tomato sauce has warmed up, put some ham over it and cover it all with mozzarella. Although it’s not strictly necessary, you can add some oregano over the cheese. Finally, take advantage of the heat from the oven melt the cheese.
Surely when you think about Argentine cuisine, the first thing you’ll imagine will be its roasts, pizzas and empanadas (like these ham and cheese ones that were very good). But after trying milanesa a la napolitana, that’s going to change!
it’s an exquisite dish and very easy to prepare. Besides, I don’t know a single person who doesn't like it… so, almost certainly, you'll get it right at a dinner or lunch with the family.
If you have any questions or there is any part of the recipe that is not clear to you, I will be happy to solve any doubts that you can have. And if you decide to try them… I hope you like them as much as I do!
KEEP IN TOUCH?
Don't you find the recipe you are looking for? Do you have any suggestion? Do you want to tell us something? Don't be shy! Write us and we'll give you an answer as soon as we can
THIS MAY ALSO BE OF YOUR INTEREST!
Skip the bechamel sauce in this recipe and prepare an authentic lasagna bolognese that everyone will love!
Haven’t you tried spätzle with bacon and grated cheese yet? This is the easiest recipe you will find. Enjoy it!
There is only one cachopo considered the best cachopo in Madrid 2022, and you can find it at Arrabal. Let me share with you the experience!
Enjoy this traditional Valencian recipe at home. Preparing this paella with pork ribs has never been so easy. Are you in?
Discover interesting places!
If you want to know what to see in Valencia, you’ve come to the right place. Find out the most fascinating locations and don’t miss them!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?