Paella with pork ribs. Easy peasy!
Enjoy this traditional Valencian recipe at home. Preparing this paella with pork ribs has never been so easy. Are you in?
Paella with pork ribs and garlic. Easy peasy!
Preparation of the ingredients
Have you ever traveled to Valencia, and after tasting an authentic Valencian paella, you’ve become a fan of rice dishes? Looking for an easy recipe to surprise everyone with? Believe it or not, preparing this paella with pork ribs is much easier than it sounds. In fact, this is one of those elaborations that have many steps but are very simple to prepare.
But before starting, there is something you should keep in mind. In this case, using the appropriate cooking vessel is very important. To be precise, a paella pan is the best suited for this recipe. Its large surface and shallow depth allow you to cook the ingredients properly.
Unfortunately, paella pans are hard to find in some countries, but don’t panic! You can also prepare this paella with pork ribs in a large frying pan – the wider and shallower, the better!
Ingredients to prepare paella with pork ribs for 2 people
- 500 grams of pork ribs
- 1 small spring onion
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 4 garlic sprouts
- 1 tomato
- Round rice (100 grams per person)
- Meat broth (twice as much rice)
- Sweet paprika
- Olive oil
Preparation of the ingredients for the paella with pork ribs
- Season the ribs with salt and pepper to taste and let them rest for a few minutes.
- Chop the garlic cloves as fine as possible.
- Like the previous step, cut the spring onion into small cubes.
- Then peel and cut the garlic sprouts into pieces.
- To conclude this section, grate the tomato.
Cooking the pork ribs
- In order to do this, you will need the fire at maximum power and a good amount of olive oil.
- Once the ribs are well done, remove them to the sides and lower the heat to the minimum. Then, add the garlic cloves and the spring onions. Season them to taste with salt and pepper. Sauté and stir them to prevent them from burning.
- After a few minutes, brown the garlic sprouts over low heat, taking care not to burn them.
- Then add the grated tomato and a little bit of salt. Spread it over the entire surface. Cook it until the water has evaporated.
Adding the broth to the paella with pork ribs
- Considering you will need double of broth than rice, measure the quantities to avoid exceeding the liquid. Then, heat it until it starts to boil. Season it with a few strands of saffron.
- Meanwhile, add the rice to the rest of the ingredients. Season with a spoonful of paprika and a little salt. Sauté it for a few minutes while stirring to prevent it from burning.
- Next, increase the heat to maximum power and pour in the boiling broth. Spread the rice and ribs evenly. Cook for about 8 minutes. From this moment on, it is essential that you do not move the rice with the spoon.
- Once this time has elapsed, lower the heat to medium and continue cooking for about 5 minutes.
- After that time, lower the heat to the minimum for another 5 minutes. If you notice that part of the rice is still not ready, cover it and continue cooking it for a few more minutes. Then, let it rest and…. it is ready!
Result: Finger-licking paella with pork ribs!
Although it may seem that preparing the paella with pork ribs is complicated, the most challenging part of the recipe is balancing the amounts of rice and broth. This is important because depending on the quantity of liquid you use, the dish will be very brothy, or the rice will not be fully cooked.
Apart from the latter, all the steps described in this recipe are easy to follow. So, you shouldn’t have problems preparing the paella with pork ribs at home. Once you try it, you will be willing to cook it again. This is a dish that everyone will love. Enjoy it!
If you don’t spend your vacations in Valencia this summer, a good dish of paella with pork ribs will make you travel there! And if you’re lucky enough to be able to go… don’t miss my guide on what to see in Valencia! I hope you find it interesting.
KEEP IN TOUCH?
Don't you find the recipe you are looking for? Do you have any suggestion? Do you want to tell us something? Don't be shy! Write us and we'll give you an answer as soon as we can
THIS MAY ALSO BE OF YOUR INTEREST!
What to eat in Rome? Discover the best dishes of the Roman cuisine
In addition to art and history, it is a city with a lot of gastronomy. Still don’t know what to eat in Rome? Discover the Roman Cuisine!
What to eat in Amsterdam? Find the typical Dutch food!
Still don’t know the typical food of Holland? Don’t know what to eat in Amsterdam beyond Space Brownies? Find it out!
Argentinian beef empanadas, delicious!
You won’t be able to presume of having tasted the best of Argentina until you try these Argentinian beef empanadas. What are you waiting for?
Where to eat the best Sunday roast in Manchester?
Want to try the best Sunday roast in Manchester? Discover a restaurant that just few tourists know about – you’ll love this one!
Follow me on the social networks!
Discover interesting places!
What to do in Valencia? 16 things you should not miss
Are you planning to visit the city and still unsure what to do in Valencia? Check out these 16 must-do things
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?