Spaghetti carbonara. The best pasta recipe ever!
Spaghetti carbonara is a traditional Roman pasta recipe and, now, you can enjoy it at home following these steps. Let’s eat!
Spaghetti carbonara, as well as spaghetti bolognese, are probably the most well-known pasta dishes in the world. Although the traditional Roman pasta recipe is elaborated with pecorino and guanciale, I usually prepare it using bacon and parmesan because those ingredients have intense flavors. Haven’t you dare to cook it at home yet? What are you waiting for?
Ingredients to prepare spaghetti carbonara for 2
- 250gr. spaghetti
- 3 eggs
- 150gr. bacon
- Parmesan cheese
Preparation of spaghetti carbonara
- Add a bunch of salt in boiling water, and then cook the pasta until al dente. Stir it frequently, especially at the beginning, to avoid the spaghetti getting stuck.
- Meanwhile, stir fry the bacon in a frying pan at medium-high heat.
- At this point, there isn’t a clear consensus. Some people use the yolks only, others prepare the sauce with half of the egg-whites, and some use them whole. In my case, I prefer the latter so I can make the most of the ingredients. Stir the eggs in a bowl. Then add pepper and parmesan to taste. Make sure all get mixed homogeneously.
Preparation of carbonara sauce
- When the spaghetti cooking time has left, strain them well and put them again in the pot you used to boil them.
- Drop the bacon over the pasta.
- Immediately, pour the mixture you did with the eggs over the pasta. The spaghetti, being still warm, will thick but won’t scramble the eggs. Then, it will be ready to serve. Enjoy it!
Result of the recipe: Spaghetti carbonara
Although this pasta recipe might seem very easy just for having a few steps, it requires some practice. If you don’t achieve it on your first try, don’t give up! I needed some attempts to perfect the technic. Once you learn to prepare it correctly, I’m pretty sure you’ll add it to your regular recipes list. Spaghetti carbonara is my favorite pasta dish!
To be honest, as I mentioned before, the traditional Roman recipe it’s elaborated with pecorino and guanciale. Sadly, I don’t like it very much when it contains these ingredients. Besides being more expensive than the ones I usually use, their flavors are softer. In my opinion, spaghetti carbonara is flavorful when it has bacon and parmesan. To each his own!
Have you ever tried to cook it before? Do you have any tips to share? Tell us in the comments! And, if you want to know more recipes… find the rest of them by clicking here!
KEEP IN TOUCH?
Don't you find the recipe you are looking for? Do you have any suggestion? Do you want to tell us something? Don't be shy! Write us and we'll give you an answer as soon as we can
THIS MAY ALSO BE OF YOUR INTEREST!
Are you looking for cheap places to eat in Turin to enjoy the local cuisine? Discover the most popular piola in the city!
Are you planning to visit the area but still don’t know where to eat in Jerte Valley? Discover a place to have a tasty and cheap lunch!
Got salmon but don’t know how to prepare it? Looking for an easy and quick recipe? Honey mustard salmon mustard is just what you need!
The center of Madrid hides a small but great restaurant called La Rayúa. There you will find a spectacular cocido madrileño. Do you dare?
Discover interesting places!
If you want to know what to see in Valencia, you’ve come to the right place. Find out the most fascinating locations and don’t miss them!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?