Spaghetti carbonara. Discover the authentic recipe!
Spaghetti carbonara is a traditional recipe easy to prepare. Enjoy it at home as if you were in Rome. Zero complications!
Spaghetti carbonara and tagliatelle Bolognese are probably the most famous pasta dishes in the world. Regardless of which country you are in, chances are that there is an Italian restaurant where they prepare it. Although, to be honest, it was complicated to find spaghetti carbonara in its original version, I mean without cream, until a few years ago.
So, how to prepare the authentic spaghetti carbonara recipe? You will only need four ingredients to make the sauce: pecorino, guanciale, egg yolks, and pepper. Although the traditional recipe calls for these ingredients, if you prefer a more intense taste, you can swap the first two for Parmesan and bacon. It’s your choice!
Then, if you have already made up your mind to prepare spaghetti carbonara, read on!
Ingredients to prepare spaghetti carbonara for 2
- 250 grams of spaghetti
- 3 egg yolks
- 100 -150 grams of guanciale (or bacon)
- Pecorino (or Parmesan cheese)
- Black pepper
PREPARATION OF SPAGHETTI CARBONARA INGREDIENTS
- Boil some water. Then add a pinch of salt and cook the spaghetti until al dente. Stir them a little, especially at the beginning, to prevent sticking.
- Meanwhile, fry the bacon over medium heat so that it releases a bit of fat and does not burn.
PREPARATION OF CARBONARA SAUCE
- Although some people make carbonara using the whole egg, if you want a deep yellow sauce, carefully separate the yolks. You can save the whites for another recipe.
- Add pepper to taste. Then, beat the egg yolks while adding pecorino cheese until you get a creamy texture.
INTEGRATION OF THE SAUCE IN SPAGHETTI CARBONARA
- When the pasta is ready, strain it, leaving just a little water in the pot. Then add the bacon with the fat it has released.
- Without wasting a second, pour the sauce over the spaghetti. Then, stir it well until it gets integrated. Keep in mind that the residual heat of the pasta will “cook” the sauce, so you should perform these last steps as quickly as possible.
RESULT: FINGER-LICKING SPAGHETTI CARBONARA
Honestly, this pasta recipe may seem very easy because it has a few steps, but it requires some practice. Getting the egg yolks just right the first few times can be tricky. Without going any further, it took me a few tries to perfect the technique. But trust me, once you achieve it, you’ll add this recipe to your favorites. Not only because it’s quick to prepare, but also because it’s delicious – we love it!
As I said before, the traditional recipe needs pecorino and guanciale. Unfortunately, depending on where you live, these ingredients will not be too easy to get and possibly not cheap either. But don’t worry, you can prepare spaghetti carbonara using bacon and Parmesan. The latter will give it a much more intense flavor than the former.
When serving the pasta, sprinkle a little pepper on the dish and garnish with grated cheese, and that’s it – enjoy!
KEEP IN TOUCH?
Don't you find the recipe you are looking for? Do you have any suggestion? Do you want to tell us something? Don't be shy! Write us and we'll give you an answer as soon as we can
THIS MAY ALSO BE OF YOUR INTEREST!
Are you visiting and don’t know where to eat in Bailén? There’s much more than ancient battles here. There is good food at reasonable prices!
La Pepica Restaurant has a long history of serving paellas on Valencia’s seafront promenade. Do you want to know more?
Enjoy one of the most traditional flavors of Valencia. Dare with this chicken paella, the best chicken rice recipe!
Still haven’t tried the Salmorejo recipe? Enjoy one of the most famous Andalusian dishes without leaving home.
Discover interesting places!
Are you planning to visit the city and still unsure what to do in Valencia? Check out these 16 must-do things
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?