Tagliatelle Bolognese: Prepare the traditional recipe easily
Cook these tagliatelle bolognese following the traditional recipe and impress all your guests. It will be a guaranteed success!
Tagliatelle Bolognese, commonly known as tagliatelle alla ragù, is one of the most popular pasta dishes of Italian gastronomy worldwide. Its origin is closely linked to the Emilia-Romagna area, specifically to Bologna, where you can try it among many other delicious dishes. Although it is difficult to establish a date for its invention, people believe it has a history that goes back several centuries. In any case, it is one of the pillars of the Italian culinary tradition, and it marvelously represents how Italians can transform fresh and simple products into an exceptional sensory experience.
Then, if combining pasta and meat is a distinctive characteristic of Italian cuisine, tagliatelle Bolognese are the best expression of it. This sauce results from a long-simmering process, allowing it to develop deep and complex flavors. So, if you have never prepared them following the traditional recipe elaborated by the Italian Academy of Cuisine, we will guide you in this article step by step so you can cook them at home. Shall we start?
Ingredients to prepare tagliatelle bolognese for 4 people
- 500 grams of fresh tagliatelle
- 500 grams of beef minced meat
- 200 grams of pancetta
- 1 small onion
- 2 small carrots
- 2 stalks of celery
- 400 grams peeled tomato
- 1/2 glass of red wine
- 1 glass of whole milk
- Meat broth
- Bay leaves
- Black pepper
- Olive oil
Preparation of the ingredients to make tagliatelle bolognese
- Start by chopping the onion.
- Then, chop the celery stalks.
- Finally, chop the carrots too.
- Next, grind the pancetta to have minced meat.
Preparation of the bolognese sauce
- Now, cook the minced pancetta over medium heat until it releases some fat.
- Add the vegetables and cook over medium heat until tender. Salt to taste.
- Then add the beef minced meat and cook until it changes its color.
- Pour the half glass of wine and let it reduce.
- After a few minutes, crush the peeled tomatoes and add them with a couple of bay leaves to the rest of the ingredients. Reduce it over low heat for at least one hour, adding meat stock to prevent it from drying out. The longer you cook it, the tastier the result will be. Be patient. It’s worth it!
Adding the pasta
- Once that time has passed, pour in the glass of whole milk and let it reduce for a few minutes. The milk will compensate for the acidity of the tomatoes to make the sauce much more balanced.
- Meanwhile, boil the pasta until al dente.
- Finally, mix the pasta with the sauce, and your tagliatelle bolognese are ready!
The best tagliatelle bolognese you can prepare at home
The traditional recipe for tagliatelle bolognese will not only make you enjoy one of the best-known manifestations of Italian gastronomy but also the process of creating an exquisite dish from simple and inexpensive ingredients. Although its preparation requires more patience than practice because the longer it takes, the more intense its flavor will be, the time it takes to cook it is worth it. Everyone will love it!
When serving, sprinkle a little Parmesan cheese on top. Altogether, tagliatelle Bolognese is like a gastronomic embrace. The flavors and textures blend and complement each other, creating a genuine sensation of pleasure in every bite. Moreover, the noodles are the perfect accomplices of this experience. Each strand is coated with sauce and acts as a canvas that allows you to enjoy all the nuances provided by all the ingredients.
In short, tagliatelle Bolognese is a classic Italian dish worthy of making. The result is so satisfying that you will quickly understand why it is one of the most famous dishes in the world. And now that you know the recipe, you can prepare them at home. Enjoy!
KEEP IN TOUCH?
Don't you find the recipe you are looking for? Do you have any suggestion? Do you want to tell us something? Don't be shy! Write us and we'll give you an answer as soon as we can
THIS MAY ALSO BE OF YOUR INTEREST!
Ham and cheese lasagne is a variation of the Italian recipe. It requires few ingredients and is easy to prepare. Are you up for it?
Are you visiting and don’t know where to eat in Bailén? There’s much more than ancient battles here. There is good food at reasonable prices!
La Pepica Restaurant has a long history of serving paellas on Valencia’s seafront promenade. Do you want to know more?
Enjoy one of the most traditional flavors of Valencia. Dare with this chicken paella, the best chicken rice recipe!
Discover interesting places!
Are you planning to visit the city and still unsure what to do in Valencia? Check out these 16 must-do things
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?