Hake with onions. The easiest fish recipe!
Hake with onions is an exquisite recipe. It is perfect for those days when there is not too much time to cook. What is more, it is easy to prepare. So take note!
Hake with onions is one of the easiest and simplest recipes to prepare. Besides being very light, it’s perfect to have it ready in advance and warm up at the moment of sitting down at the table. This one and the pollock with beer recipe are my favorite ones for those days when there isn’t too much time to cook. Don’t miss it!
Ingredients to prepare hake with onios
- 4 hake fillets (fresh or frozen)
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 large onion
- White wine
- Olive Oil
Preparation of the ingredients
- Cut the onion into julienne.
- Cut the garlic cloves into thin slices.
Cooking hake with onions
- In a large frying pan or casserole, heat olive oil. Without waiting for it to be hot, add the garlic slices. Wait till they starts to brown.
- Then add the onion.
- Add the hake fillets. Cook them for a few minutes. The fish will be soaked with the oil, the onions, and the garlic, so it will take all their flavors.
- Pour some white wine over the fish. Besides, add parsley and raise the temperature of the fire. The wine has to boil to evaporate the alcohol. This step may take a few minutes.
- When the broth has thickened, the hake with onions will be ready to be served. You can add a little flour to thicken it earlier.
Although this recipe could have many steps, it is quite quick and easy to prepare. As you can see, it doesn’t need too many ingredients so pre-cooking preparation won’t take you too long. Also, the hake with onions combines perfectly with the potatoes, especially if they are spiced with garlic and parsley.
I assure you that once you try this recipe, you’ll add it to your list of favorite ones. Can I tell you a secret? Hake with onions will be more tasteful the following day than when you finish its cooking.
If you are passionate about fish dishes, I recommend this other recipe. It’s one of the most popular and traditional Portuguese recipes: Bacalhau à Brás.
KEEP IN TOUCH?
Don't you find the recipe you are looking for? Do you have any suggestion? Do you want to tell us something? Don't be shy! Write us and we'll give you an answer as soon as we can
THIS MAY ALSO BE OF YOUR INTEREST!
Skip the bechamel sauce in this recipe and prepare an authentic lasagna bolognese that everyone will love!
Haven’t you tried spätzle with bacon and grated cheese yet? This is the easiest recipe you will find. Enjoy it!
There is only one cachopo considered the best cachopo in Madrid 2022, and you can find it at Arrabal. Let me share with you the experience!
Enjoy this traditional Valencian recipe at home. Preparing this paella with pork ribs has never been so easy. Are you in?
Discover interesting places!
If you want to know what to see in Valencia, you’ve come to the right place. Find out the most fascinating locations and don’t miss them!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?