Roasted Iberico pork Secreto. Finger-licking good!
Prepare roasted iberico pork secreto with potatoes and a pleasant sweet touch following this easy step by step recipe. Don’t miss it!
Roasted iberico pork secreto. Finger-licking good!
Preparation of the ingredients
Iberico pork secreto is a flavorful and succulent type of meat. These qualities turn it into an easy cooking piece that accepts many different methods of cooking. You might prepare it on the grill, on the barbecue, or even in the oven. If you are looking for an easy recipe to enjoy this feast, you’ve just found it! Roasted iberico pork secreto with a touch of honey is what you need.
Ingredients to prepare roasted iberico pork secreto for 2 people
- Half a kilo of iberico pork secreto (approx)
- 2 large potatoes
- 200ml white wine
- Olive oil
Preparation of the ingredients of roasted iberico pork secreto
- Clean the potatoes very well and cut them into slices. Although you can peel them, I choose not to do it because I like them more in that way.
- Then, put the sliced potatoes over a baking tray. Pour a considerable amount of olive oil to avoid getting them stuck, and season them with salt, pepper, and thyme to your taste.
Roasting the potatoes
- Spill half of the white wine over the potatoes and make sure that it extends all over the baking tray. Next to that, roast them for 30 minutes approx at 180°C.
- After that, the white wine will practically evaporate. Stir the potatoes and pour the rest of the liquid over them.
Ending the roasted Iberico pork Secreto
- Season the meat to your taste and put it over the potatoes. Roast everything again for 30 minutes at 180°C.
- Now, using a kitchen brush, spread all the honey you want over the iberico pork secreto. Although it may sound strange, it will give the meat an exquisite flavor. Roast the pork again for 10 minutes, and it will be ready.
Result of the recipe
Despite this recipe has a long cooking time, it’s perfect for those busy days when you have to do lots of things besides cooking. While the food is in the oven, you won’t have to worry about it, so you could do other things. This recipe is excellent for any day of the week!
To me, this is a light and flavorful dish. Roasted iberico pork secreto is very juicy, and the honey gives the meat a sweet touch that highlights its flavor. With this recipe, you’ll surely hit the target, no matter if you prepare it for a family meal, friends meeting, or, simply, it’s part of your daily menu.
If you don’t dare to cook it at home and live in Madrid, we found a restaurant where roasted iberico pork secreto is perfect. You can find more information about it in our post “Sargo, the reef of Madrid.” What is my advice? Try to cook it! I’m sure you are going to love it!
KEEP IN TOUCH?
Don't you find the recipe you are looking for? Do you have any suggestion? Do you want to tell us something? Don't be shy! Write us and we'll give you an answer as soon as we can
THIS MAY ALSO BE OF YOUR INTEREST!
What to eat in Rome? Discover the best dishes of the Roman cuisine
In addition to art and history, it is a city with a lot of gastronomy. Still don’t know what to eat in Rome? Discover the Roman Cuisine!
What to eat in Amsterdam? Find the typical Dutch food!
Still don’t know the typical food of Holland? Don’t know what to eat in Amsterdam beyond Space Brownies? Find it out!
Argentinian beef empanadas, delicious!
You won’t be able to presume of having tasted the best of Argentina until you try these Argentinian beef empanadas. What are you waiting for?
Where to eat the best Sunday roast in Manchester?
Want to try the best Sunday roast in Manchester? Discover a restaurant that just few tourists know about – you’ll love this one!
Follow me on the social networks!
Discover interesting places!
What to do in Valencia? 16 things you should not miss
Are you planning to visit the city and still unsure what to do in Valencia? Check out these 16 must-do things
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
Hola! I made this recipe for secreto al horno yesterday and I want to say thank you for sharing this delicious and easy recipe. We liked it very much and I will make it again.
Thank you very much! I’m pleased to hear that. I didn’t know that pork secreto was easy to find outside Spain
We live in Orba in the Valencian Community. We often have solomillo de cerdo but when my husband went shopping the local carnicero recommended we try the secreto. It was my first time to cook this cut of pork so I searched on the Internet and found your great recipe.
I hope you enjoyed it very much 🙂 I tried to grill it once and it was really nice too
I wish that the recipe informed us that the temperature is in Celsius.
I’ve just corrected that 😉